Ideas & Inspiration
Best Herbs for Tea
Harvest from your herb garden to create tea infusions. Mint, chamomile and lemon balm are just a few possibilities for herbal teas.
You can drink them for health benefits, but mostly because a cup of tea in the afternoon is almost always restorative.
- Before making teas, be sure that the plants are edible and have been organically grown with no pesticides.
- Gather leaves and flowers in the morning, after the dew has evaporated.
- Spread in a single layer on paper towels or a drying screen.
- Let dry for 10 days out of direct sunlight.
- Crush leaves, seal in jars and label.
- When it’s time to make tea, crush leaves into a tea ball and pour boiling water over. Let steep for 10 minutes.
- Be creative with herbs, locally grown honey, and citrus rinds like lemon and orange.
Keep reading for our 5 favorite herbs for tea: