Blinds provide light control and privacy in your home, and window treatments as a whole can play a significant role in your decor theme. The cost to install blinds or shades varies based on many factors. The Home Depot offers basic installation starting at $119 for up to 10 blinds, but also has custom options available starting at $250 per window. This guide outlines the average blinds installation cost for homeowners.
• We have the widest available product selection of any major retailer. Most of our products are in stock and ready to go.
• We make your costs clear upfront. You’ll never get hit with surprise charges.
• We offer affordable financing so you can get your window treatments now and pay over time.
• Our installers ensure that the products you choose will fit your windows perfectly.
Here's a breakdown of the average cost to install window blinds in your home.
• Removal of old blinds: $5 per blind
• Haul away: $10 per blind
• Trimming or shortening readymade blind: $15
• In-store pickup by installer: $30
Use these figures to help plan your budget for new window treatments. Total costs can vary based on the materials you choose. On average, consumers have six to eight blinds installed, spending approximately $1,200 on products and labor combined.
Ideal for light filtering, cellular shades are excellent in casual spaces like home offices and family rooms.
Adding an ornamental touch to your room, pleated shades work well in casual dining areas, bedrooms and family rooms.
Sleek and modern, roller shades take up little space, and you might even forget they’ve been installed over time. Various light filtering styles are available for any room.
More ornate, Roman shades are best reserved for bedrooms, living room and dining rooms, though they can be used in more upscale spaces as well. The material used for Roman shades may cost more than other types.
Designed to block UV rays without blocking your view, these are an excellent option if you want an unobtrusive window treatment.
Cost-effective and easy to install, aluminum blinds are a durable choice for budget-conscious designs.
Offering more texture for your room, bamboo blinds work well in modern, high-end spaces.
Strong and durable, eco-friendly wood blinds offer an upscale look for high-end homes and formal spaces. Wood blinds cost more than faux wood, but they have a sophisticated appeal that are a better fit for certain design schemes.
Available in solid colors, prints and patterns, fabric blinds offer a more decorative look for formal spaces.
Available in different wood looks, faux wood blinds can be used in traditional and modern home designs. These keep your overall window treatment cost down compared to solid wood.
Simple and affordable, mini-blinds are a cost-effective pick for any room.
Ultra-strong and easy to clean, vinyl blinds are great for family rooms and high-traffic areas.
Labor costs for all window treatment installations are the same at The Home Depot, no matter the shape or size of your windows. The only variation in price depends on the shades or blinds you choose to have installed.
• A free in-home consultation allows you to see different product options in your home.
• In-home design service and complete installation is included.
• Kirsch products are exclusive to The Home Depot.
• All Kirsch products are under warranty for 10 years.
• Affordable financing is available to help you pay over time.
The Home Depot can help you find the right products for your home and provide an estimate for your overall window treatment installation cost.