WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS PROJECT
- Americana Décor chalky paint
- Americana Décor crème wax
- Small brush
2 (8 x 20 pine boards (for the back)
2 (3 x 7) pine boards (for the front)
1 (1 x 3 x 6) pine boards cut into 3 (11 inch) pieces (for the planter front)
1 (3 x 7) galvanized tie plate
3 (2 x 4) galvanized mending plates
Small wood screws (1.5 inches or less)
Flush mount numbers
Saw-toothed picture hanger kit
• Sand and smooth all the edges of the boards.
• Paint the boards.
• Lightly sand the edges to remove some paint for a distressed look.
• Line up the three boards for the front of the planter.
• Make sure that they’re even and place the mending plate across the back of the planter face the long way.
• Screw in place.
• Take the galvanized tie plate and line it up under the sides of the planter.
• Drill pilot holes.
• Screw into place making a U-shape.
• With the U flat, lay the face plate of the planter center over the U.
• Pre-drill a centered hole in the center of each front plate board.
• Screw the front in place.
• Lay the back boards together.
• Use two mending place to bridge the two boards and create one full unit.
• Use a soft cloth and cover both parts of the project with the wax crème.
• Rub in the wax crème with the cloth.
• Buff it off.
• Situate the planter on the front of the board and find where you lie it best.
• Measure where it is.
• Flip the board over and replicate the measurements.