Umbrella Palm, Cyperus alternifolius, is one of the most recognized and attractive pond plants. It has distinctive foliage with whorled leaves on top of the stem. Its tropical "palm tree" appearance makes it a must for all ponds.
- Adaptable to many growing conditions, will thrive in shade or full sun
- Normally grows to about 3 ft. tall, by the end of the season under best conditions it can reach up to 5 ft. tall
- A perennial in zones 8 - 10, hardiness will vary depending on winter temperatures
- Best insulation factor for wintering over marginally hardy bog plants is to drop them to the deepest part of your pond as winter approaches, put them back up to the desired depth as spring approaches
- A huge advantage to getting the 4 in. potted bog plant is that it is already planted in aquatic soil and has an established root system, this makes the transition to your pond very easy
- To reduce damage to the foliage of the plant during shipping, the foliage will be trimmed according to the variety