Upright Elephant Ear is sure to get attention wherever you plant it. This alocasia sports massive, bright green leaves that soar skyward on strong stems up to 9 ft. tall. Unlike its cousin, this Elephant Ear variety stands erect to create an even greater focal point or incredible container planting. Move this exotic tropical indoors in winter to avoid the cold weather.
- Space plants approximately 36 in. to 48 in. apart for best results
- For best results, grow in well-drained, humus-enriched soil
- Blooms summer to fall
- Reaches standard mature height of 5 in. to 9 ft.
- Includes one 7 in. to 9 in. bulb
- Botanical name: alocasia odora
- Grows and flowers best in full sun, partial shade
- Container gardening, screening and privacy, rock garden