Build pocket-hole projects faster than ever. The Pocket-Hole Jig 720PRO is the most advanced jig yet from Kreg with that features make project building incredibly efficient. 1-motion clamping with Automaxx clamps your material in place, and it automatically adjusts to the exact thickness of your material. GripMaxx anti-slip holds the project piece securely so you never have to worry about shifting while you drill pocket holes. Included with the 720PRO are the Kreg Docking Station material support wings with a repeatable stop, as well as a Pocket-Hole Jig Clamp. Use the Pocket-Hole Jig Clamp to secure the jig to your workstation, while material support wings add support when drilling into large pieces. Best of all, the wings fold up and stow away easily when you're done. These premium additions transform your jig into the ultimate pocket-hole workstation when you need more storage, more material support, and more stability. With the Pocket-Hole Jig 720PRO, you get the Kreg Docking Station material support wings with a repeatable stop, a Pocket-Hole Jig Clamp, 160 Kreg pocket-hole screws, and a free project plan so you can start building right away.
Multi-featured jig for creating pocket-hole joints in materials from 1/2 in. to 1-1/2 in. thick
Dual-action clamping with Automaxx automatically clamps and adjusts to the proper material thickness
GripMaxx anti-slip holds material in place for worry-free clamping
On-board storage keeps Kreg accessories close at hand
Kreg docking station material support wings add more storage and enhanced support for large pieces
720 PRO also includes the pocket-hole jig clamp to secure the jig to your workstation
Chip ejection port helps eliminate wood dust mess and connects to a shop vacuum
Durable construction with steel-reinforced spine and lifetime drill guide warranty
First time buying Kreg and used to bridge studs to...
First time buying Kreg and used to bridge studs to mount my 70 inch came out GREAT.
Feb 11, 2021
Easy to use
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] Absolutely happy with Kreg 720PRO Pocket-Hole Jig. I do a lot of DIY projects and this pocket hole jig makes things so much easier for my projects needing pocket holes. The product is easy to use and the guide is user friendly. Made of great quality and sturdy material. Will definitely be using this for a long time.
Customer review from Kreg Tool Company
Feb 9, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] As a home carpenter, the KREG Pocket Hole Jig kit is just what I needed. The kit comes with the docking station, pocket hole jog, pocket hole screws and a clamp. The system is easy to use and is very stable. I have used this several times now including to finish off the stools I built for my island. The best thing is that I can fold it up and store it away with minimal space. So far, this has been very sturdy and has held up through a bit of use. I foresee this going through a lot of projects with me.
Customer review from Kreg Tool Company
Feb 8, 2021
Complete Kit Makes Pocket Holes a Snap I have never done pocket holes, but I am preparing to make...
Complete Kit Makes Pocket Holes a Snap
I have never done pocket holes, but I am preparing to make a storage seat for the grandchildren's playroom. Most of the plans call for using pocket holes for assembly.
This kit comes with everything you need to create pocket holes, from the jig, the clamp to hold it to the work surface, a drill bit to create the holes, drivers for driving the square-holed screws and a set of screws to start with.
In the attached photographs, all of the parts were included with the product. The only exceptions are the drill motor, vacuum, the clamps I used to hold the test work piece while assembling it, and of course the wood.
It not only comes with a dust collector, but also an adapter so the dust collector can be used with larger hose sizes.
No assembly is actually required to use it, but if you want the work supports and other features, it assembles in just a few minutes with no tools. The instructions are extremely detailed with excellent pictures to guide you step-by-step from setup through an assembled product.
The base of the tool holds the specialized parts, such as the drill bit, measuring tool, depth adjustment wrench, and special screw driver bits. The drill bit even stores with the depth stop attached. The other parts, such as the clamp, fit inside the work support surfaces. The wings fold up against the jig for easy storage.
I have owned a few Kreg products in the past. All of them have worked extremely well and have lasted a long time. This hole jig is especially well built and looks to last a lifetime.
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I want to start by saying Kreg really paid attention to detail on this Jig. They factored in stability, space saving, and option settings. I loved the onboard storage for my drill bits and the fact that the support wings also fold up to save space and open to be used as storage also. The grip on the Jig is fantastic and the settings options are perfect for any wood working fanatic.
Customer review from Kreg Tool Company
Feb 6, 2021
Kreg 720 Pocket Hole Jig-PRO – Kreg has made significant improvements with the 720 jig. In the p...
Kreg 720 Pocket Hole Jig-PRO – Kreg has made significant improvements with the 720 jig. In the past, changes with new models were mostly incremental from the previous ones. The 720 jig is much larger than older models and looks more like a professional tool, but more importantly is the automatic clamping system which securely holds any thickness workpiece up to 1-1/2” and sets the drill guide to the proper height. There is a knob to fine-tune clamping pressure, if necessary.
The basic jig has fold out wings to support wide workpieces and the PRO models come with the “docking station” supports; two plastic storage boxes that clip to the jig and foldup to the jig for storing. This could be the one weakness; the boxes and the clips seem somewhat fragile and feel they could break off.
The jig comes with a clamp for securing to a work surface or it can be screwed down. Using the clamp, the jig and be turned 90 degrees for drilling pocket holes in workpieces that are too long to stand vertically.
Other improvements: older models had dust collection that worked fine, but the 720 jig dust collection works great. The 720 has onboard tool storage for the drill bit, driver bit, etc.
Really good – some concerns though. I have previously used pocket holes for preassembling door t...
Really good – some concerns though.
I have previously used pocket holes for preassembling door trim and already own another Kreg pocket hole jig. This one should fit well for someone who plans on a lot of pocket hole work or expects projects with a lot of different sized stock.
1. The automatic clamp works quite well. The clamping surface is large and I found it worked well and held the wood well with all sample pieces I tried. It automatically adjusted for the size of the stock and also automatically aligned the drill guide exactly where it needs to be. Note, Kreg says that it works for material from ½” to 1 ½”. Most other pocket hole jigs require manual adjustment for both size and alignment. The time saving that result from this, if you often use different size stock, will be substantial.
2. The unit can be mounted horizontally which will make is easier to work with longer stock and comes with a clamp for locking it to the work surface.
3. It has a built in chip and dust extraction port with vacuum tube adapters to attach it to a shop-vac.
4. The markings on drill bit, for stock depth, make it very easy to set the correct depth (see photo).
5. Everything you need, unless you need lots of different screws, can be stored on the jig or in the storage cases/material support wings.
6. Instructions are clear and mostly focus on jig setup. Kreg and others have lots of videos online for using pocket hole joinery.
1. I think for anyone expecting a lot of use, consider screwing the jig to a wood base with wood material support blocks to either side. If you want to use the stop gauge you may then want to find a way (double sided tape?) to fix the cases/wings down to the wood base to protect them from being knocked off.
2. Check that the size works for you because it is larger than a lot of other pocket hole jigs (see photo comparing it to a milk bottle). Folded it is 9” tall, 7 ½” wide, and just a bit more than 12” deep.
3. The included screws are for interior use. Buy exterior screws for projects which will be exposed to moisture.
1. The hinge points for the cases/wings are fairly thin and look like they could be easily broken. The same with clips that hold up the cases/wings to the jig for storage.
2. The included length stop can be pushed sideways a bit depending on how quickly you put the stock in. So, be careful not to do that.
3. 3. The material support wings and storage boxes are just slightly (about 1/32nd ) higher than 1 1/2”. If adding more material support is needed ,for larger work pieces be careful to find wood of a similar dimension. I checked some 2x4 I had lying around and it was exactly 1 ½” which means it would not be high enough to add more support.
4. The lack of a case makes it more likely that the storage cases/wings could be broken off when the jig is being moved and stored. I recommend being careful with it or detaching the cases/wings and putting everything in a box.
Recommendations for Improvements:
1. The center point markings on clamp are nice and could be made more visible if they are painted white.
2. I would feel much more comfortable with permanent metal hinges for the cases/wings or “beefier” hinges.
3. A case would be worthwhile and something that I would pay extra for. I’d like to see a hard case with flat sides to make storing the jig easier.
If you are getting into building things with wood, this is definitely a must have tool for simple...
If you are getting into building things with wood, this is definitely a must have tool for simple yet strong joinery of things like table legs and cabinet carcasses. As an amateur wood worker, I found joining two pieces of wood at right angles to be frustration, especially since I am not yet experienced enough at other joinery methods that create strong connections. Pocket screws are a fantastic way to do this and Kreg is the leader and master in this area. The Pocket Hole Jig pro has everything you need to make and use pocket holes and screws. The clamping jig and docking station is compact and comes with on board storage for (almost) everything: the clamp, drill bit, driver bits, depth gauge, and even screws (and the kit comes with a great starter kit of screws). The docking station (the two ‘wings’ on the sides) can be removed and be used to support longer pieces of wood. Setup and take down is a snap and it is easy to store. The bench clamp allows the jig to be securely mounted on a work bench and the jig itself can be used in either a horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on your needs. I highly recommend this; this is one of those things you didn’t know you needed until you have one.
I have looked at these for a while, but all ways put off. this model has seemly corrected a lot o...
I have looked at these for a while, but all ways put off. this model has seemly corrected a lot of the small issues with the past models, which makes me thing KREG listens. They have a automatic clamp now, just push down on the handle and it clamps, no more screwing the nut till you get it right.. The side stabilizers are great if you are doing a wide board, You do not have to balance board or put support under. They also serve as parts boxes and has measure marks on. Has a clamp to mount securely or you can screw down to a board. The storage on the back (see picture) puts everything you need regularly easy to reach. 2 boxes of different length screws are included to practice with right away. Very nice tool. KREG has very good video's on U tube.
I’ve been using Kreg pocket hole jigs for a few years now. I have the smaller jig and it’s worked...
I’ve been using Kreg pocket hole jigs for a few years now. I have the smaller jig and it’s worked very well, but I’ve always wanted one of the bigger jigs because it can get to be a hassle manually clamping the smaller jig when you have a bunch of holes to drill. This jig has all the feature I have been wanting and no doubt this will increase my efficiency in pocket hole joinery. This has it’s own clamp, automatically detects the thickness, dust control options, and on-board storage for all the accessories. Setting up and drilling the pocket holes is easy and they make it better by making it easy to create repeatable pocket holes. That was something that I did a lot of with the smaller jig but this makes it so much easier to do. Kreg jigs have been very reliable for me, and I am so happy to add this pro version to my tool set!