Mosquito Bits is a highly selective microbial insecticide (BTI) effective against mosquitoes in a variety of habitats. Kills the larvae of mosquitoes that transmit West Nile Virus, Zika Virus, Chikungunya, Encephalitis, Malaria, and Dengue Fever. Spread over the surface of water to release the biological mosquito larvicide. This larvicide gradually settles in the water where it is eaten by mosquito larvae growing there. The BITS will give a quick kill of existing mosquito larvae within 24 hours. Re-apply every 7 to 14 days for maximum control. Mosquito Bits are approved for application to areas that contain aquatic life, fish and plants. BITS may also be applied to areas used by or in contact with humans, animals, horses, livestock, pets, birds or wildlife. Apply to standing water found near the home such as water gardens, tree holes, stock tanks, animal watering troughs, rain barrels, bird baths, roof gutters, etc. Perfect for areas where standing water cannot easily be controlled such as fallen leaves, swampy areas, and vehicle tracks in turf. Sprinkle over bromeliads, pitcher plants, and other areas where small amounts of water turn into mosquito breeding grounds. Harmless to plants, pets, beneficial insects, honeybees, fish or wildlife. Mosquito Bits are also approved and labeled as a biological control for fungus gnat larvae in planters and soils. Kills fungus gnat larvae in soil without synthetic toxins.
- Kill mosquitoes before they're old enough to bite
- Kills the larvae of mosquitoes that transmit west-nile virus, zika virus, chikungunya, encephalitis, malaria, and dengue fever
- Quick acting, will start killing all mosquito larvae in standing water within minutes
- Harmless to beneficial insects, pets, birds, fish, horses, livestock
- Use in: fish habitats, stock tanks, animal watering troughs, ponds, bird baths, flower pot saucers, tree holes, roof gutters, rain barrels, old tires, unused swimming pools, tire ruts in turf, swampy areas - any standing water where mosquitoes breed
- This product is applicable for the following pest types: Mosquitos