This is a mortise lock that has an adjustable, spring-loaded hook latch projection for surface-mounted sliding patio doors constructed of wood, aluminum and vinyl with handle sets with vertical keyway position when in the locked position. It also fits doors using W&F manufactured handles. The mounting hole centers of this lock measures 3-11/16 in. on center, and the rear housing corners are square. Selection Tip: To ensure the perfect match is selected prior to purchasing, the lock will need to be removed to compare the following 4 features (besides the width of housing): 1) The distance of the mounting holes measured from center to center, 2) The faceplate ends; rounded or square, 3) The position of the slotted keyway when in the locked position; at 45-degree angle or vertical, and 4) The shape of the housing corners at the rear; square or slanted.
- Used to replace damaged or missing mortise locks in patio sliding doors. Used by W&F and other manufacturers
- 1/2 in. wide body, 3-3/16 in. tall faceplate, 1-1/8 in. depth, 3-11/16 in. mounting hole centers
- Round end faceplate with spring-loaded, adjustable hook latch projection
- Installation of this lock should be mounted out of children's reach to help prevent them from opening a door themselves to enter or exit into dangerous areas
- Used on a variety of swing-in, hinged door types and can be mounted on, or beside the door casing
- This mortise lock works on older systems that use levers (Prime-Line parts E 2033, E 2034, E 2035, E 2037, E 2038 , and E 2066)
- For further dimensional information, please see the line drawing