Pure Beauty Farms proudly grows the iconic geranium, fragrant garden flower. Growers from around the world fell in love with the geranium flower hundreds of years ago and it's not hard to see why. Geraniums fill hanging baskets, containers and flower beds with fancy leaves that are as attractive as the clusters of dainty blooms they surround. Planting geraniums can be extremely easy and rewarding.
- Perfect soil for geraniums is a loose soil with plenty of organic matter, if your soil is on the heavy side, incorporate peat, compost or perlite, manure and vermiculite are not recommended
- You can plant geraniums in almost all gardening zones, despite knowing this, you may still be asking do geraniums need full Sun, geraniums require plenty of sunlight to flower, but in areas with hot summers, a bit of shade is recommended
- Don't rush the planting season -geraniums are not cold hardy, but if you wait too long, you risk missing the cool night temperatures that encourage budding
- Geraniums require light fertilization, if you feed them too much, the foliage will flourish at the expense of the blooms
- Because you need to water geraniums thoroughly and deeply, take the time to leave an irrigation furrow around each plant to serve as a watering reservoir, this allows the water to pool and then gently filter down through the soil, to avoid root rot, allow soil to become dry between watering