ROCKWOOL Safe'n'Sound is a stone wool insulation for use in interior partitions of residential wood and steel stud construction where superior fire resistance and acoustical performance are required. Withstanding temperatures up to 2150°F (1177°C), Safe'n'Sound is non-combustible and will not produce toxic smoke or promote flame spreading, even when directly exposed to fire. This adds valuable extra time for people to reach safety and for fire services personnel to arrive. Safe'n'Sound has excellent acoustical dampening properties and provides an easy friction fit into walls, ceiling and floor applications. It is GREENGUARD Gold Certified and contributes to a healthier indoor environment. ROCKWOOL Safe'n'Sound offers you an environmentally friendly choice to help soundproof your next home renovation project.
- Roxul is non-combustible and delays the spread of fire between rooms for added safety
- Easy to cut with a serrated knife to fit around doors, electrical and plumbing
- Water resistant, stone wool does not rot or promote the growth of mildew, fungi or mold
- Bag covers 64.0 sq. ft.
- Stone wool provides excellent noise reduction and sound absorption to help you create quieter, more productive environments.
- Lightweight and easy to install, Safe'n'Sound applications include: basement walls and ceilings, media rooms, home offices, laundry rooms, furnace rooms and bedrooms
- GreenGuard gold certified for indoor air quality
- Click here to learn more about Eco Options and Energy Efficiency
- Buying guide and insulation calculator: