Post and column bases secure the bottom of posts or columns to concrete and are perfect for decks or patio covers. Models are available for attaching to existing hardened concrete, wet concrete, as well as wood. The BC series is for light base applications.
- Provides a positive connection for a post to a wood deck
- Stronger than angled nailing or screw fastening
- Reduces the chance of the post splitting and eliminates nailing into end grain
- Not recommended for non top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports)
- Nominal post size: 4x
- Made from 18-Gauge steel
- Galvanized (G90) for extra corrosion resistance
- Install with 16d common nails or #10 x 1-1/2 in. Strong-Drive SD screws
- Shop all Simpson Strong-Tie here.