Post and column bases secure the bottom of posts or columns to concrete and are perfect for decks or patio covers. Models are available for attaching to existing hardened concrete, wet concrete, as well as wood. The BCS allows for the connection of 2-2xs to a 4x post or 3-2xs to a 6x post. Double-shear nailing between beam and post gives added strength.
- Provides a positive connection for a post to a wood deck
- Stronger than angled nailing or screw fastening
- Reduces the chance of the post splitting and eliminates nailing into end grain
- Not recommended for non top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports)
- Nominal size: Double 2x beam, 4x post
- Made from 18-Gauge steel
- ZMAX galvanization offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications
- Install with 10d common nails or #9 x 1-1/2 in. Strong-Drive SD screws
- Shop all Simpson Strong-Tie here.