The CB is designed to connect posts to concrete foundations for a wide range of lumber, glulam, and engineered wood product sizes. This column base is either cast-in-place or wet set into the concrete where the bottom of the base plate sits flush with the concrete for full post bearing. The CB is ideal for columns that require high structural values and rugged performance.
- Increased uplift resistance for wind or seismic loading
- Bolt hole locations meet code-required spacing for optimal capacity
- Nominal column size: 4x6
- Made from 7-gauge steel
- Galvanized (G90) for extra corrosion resistance
- Install with (2) 5/8 in. Dia machine bolts
- Shop all Simpson Strong-Tie here.