The CPTZ post base incorporates a knife plate with a standoff base. It achieves a clean, concealed look while providing a 1-in standoff height above concrete. The CPTZ is installed with 1/2-in diameter galvanized pins (supplied).
- The 1-in standoff height is code-required when supporting permanent structures that are exposed to weather or water splash, or in basements
- The standoff reduces the potential for decay at post or column ends
- The anchorage for the CPTZ can be either cast-in-place or retrofit with adhesive or mechanical anchors
- Nominal post size: 4x4
- Base: 12-gauge; knife plate: 10-gauge
- ZMAX galvanization offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications
- Install with 1/2 in. anchor bolts and supplied dowels
- Shop all Simpson Strong-Tie here.