Simpson Strong-Tie connectors make projects easier to build while making them stronger and safer. They are engineered and tested to perform and are manufactured to the highest quality standards. The DJT14Z deck joist tie is designed to attach 2x deck joists to the side of 4x or larger support posts, and it can be installed with either nails or bolts.
- Connects a 2x member (typically a beam) to the side of the post
- Suitable for nominal 2x4 minimum cross member and nominal 4x4 minimum post
- Stronger than nails or screws, easier than through-bolting
- Made from 14-gauge steel
- ZMAX galvanization offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications
- Install with 16d common nails or #10 x 2-1/2 in. Strong-Drive SD screws or 5/8 in. Dia machine bolts
- Shop all Simpson Strong-Tie here.