Post caps connect tops of posts to members for a secure connection and are ideal for new or retrofit applications where structural support is needed. Post caps are available in a variety of one-piece caps for new construction and two-piece options for retrofit of existing connections. The LPC provides a connection between a 4x or 6x beam and post. This versatile connector is suitable for a variety of connections with 4x or 6x lumber.
- Adjustable design allows greater connection versatility
- Always install in pairs; universal design eliminates need for rights and lefts
- Stronger than angled nailing or screw fastening; eliminates nailing into end grain
- Can be installed after beams have been put in place
- For use with nominal 4x or 6x lumber
- Made from 18-Gauge steel
- ZMAX galvanization offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications
- Install with 10d common nails or #9 x 1-1/2 in. Strong-Drive SD screws
- Shop all Simpson Strong-Tie here.