Post and column bases secure the bottom of posts or columns to concrete and are perfect for decks or patio covers. Models are available for attaching to existing hardened concrete, wet concrete, as well as wood. The PBS series provides a connection between a post (or column) for decks, patio covers and other top-supported structures.
- Embeds in wet concrete after pour and is made to install flush with the concrete surface
- Embossment in the seat of the base gives increased strength
- Stress relief holes under the base resist tearing during loading
- Features a 1-in standoff height, reducing the potential for decay at post and column ends
- Nominal post size: 4x4
- Base 12-Gauge steel; strap 14-Gauge steel
- ZMAX galvanization offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications
- Install with 16d common nails, #10 x 1-1/2 in. Strong-Drive SD screws or 1/2 in. diameter machine bolts
- Shop all Simpson Strong-Tie here.