Whether tucked in the garden or landscape, grown as an informal hedge, or planted en masse, the colorful and showy Purple Smoketree tree is sure to be a standout. In the summertime, billowy hairs from spent flower clusters create whimsical plumes of pink and purple that appear to float above the rich purple foliage. In the fall, the foliage takes on shades of yellow, orange and purplish-red. The tree is compact, growing 8 ft. tall to 12 ft. tall with an 8 ft. to 10 ft. spread. It tolerates dry conditions.
- Space plants approximately 8 ft. to 10 ft. apart for best results
- For best results, grow in average, well-drained soil
- Reaches standard mature height of 8 ft. to 12 ft.
- Includes one 2 ft. to 3 ft. bareroot
- Botanical name: cotinus coggygria atropurpurea
- Does not like to be wet, good drainage is essential