The Stark 1 lb. Dead Blow Hammer is a specialized mallet for minimizing damage to struck surfaces by limiting its peak striking force through absorbing shock and reducing rebound. Commonly used for a variety of auto repair, woodworking and metalworking applications. The dead blow hammer can be used for auto chassis work, dislodging stuck parts, popping out small dents, hubcap installation and engine or transmission repairs. The hammer is constructed from high grade polyurethane plastic partially filled with steel shots to evenly distribute the transfer of energy over longer period of times and reducing rebound. Our dead-blow hammers are able to transfer less peak force, spread over longer time intervals than conventional solid-head hammers.
- 1 lb. dead-blow hammer with steel shot inside head to absorb shock and eliminate rebound
- Impact resistant polyurethane construction can withstand cuts, splits and abrasions
- Minimizes peak striking force with minimal elastic rebound to the struck surface
- Steel shots inside head transfers less peak force, conserving more energy per blow
- Ideal use for auto body repair, chassis work, dislodging stuck parts, popping out small dents, hubcap installation and removal
- Head dimension: 3.75 in. L x 1.75 in. W x 1.75 in. H
- Handle dimension: 10 in. L x 1.5 in. W x 1.25 in. H