Versatile Handle: Uniquely designed, the handle is a versatile combination of torque and speed. Its three-sided shape engages the physical structure of your hand to turn the driver, not just friction against your skin. This lets you comfortably generate higher torque for longer without tiring, even when your hands are slippery. For long, finely threaded fasteners, round front and back sections allow your fingertips to spin the driver quickly and smoothly. Premium Blade: To achieve the strength of a relatively high hardness (HRC 52-56) without becoming brittle, we use AISI 8650, a steel alloyed with the elements nickel, chromium, and molybdenum. The result is a tough blade that resists bending along the shaft, twisting at the tip, and is durable enough to maintain fine tip geometry over time. Protective Finish: To prevent rust, the steel surface of the blade is treated with a hot black oxide finish—the same process used to protect firearms. Since this finish is a controlled oxidation of the actual steel surface, not a buildup of plating layers that can chip off, it maintains consistent tip dimensions over time and avoids the possibility of shedding damaging metal particles into your work.
- Versatile three-sided handle combines comfortable torque with smooth speed
- Chrome molybdenum steel blade has a precisely cut and gauged tip for an exact fit in fasteners
- Protective black oxide finish can’t flake or chip off like plated finishes
- Size marking on butt end is easy to identify in tool belt or drawer
- Handle profile resists rolling on inclines up to 25 degrees
- Always Guaranteed: no time limits and no fine print, just personalized solutions
- TEKTON makes strong, classic tools for the expert tool user