Oxalis versicolor is a fully hardy perennial, evergreen subshrub. Sometimes referred to as Grand Duchess versiclor, the leaves are clover-like and green in color. The red and white spiral shaped trumpet flowers appear in summer. Buds twist open in spiral fashion in the morning. Also known as: Candy Cane Sorrel, Candy Cane Oxalis, and Peppermint Rock Oxalis. An Award-winning variety choice for borders and containers. Can be grown indoors as a houseplant or outdoors in the garden. Blooms 8-10 weeks after planting. Keep the soil of a Oxalis barely moist but never soggy. It's best to water from the bottom so that the fragile stems don't get water logged and the soil stays loose.
- Bulb size no: 1
- Also known as candy cane sorrel, candy cane oxalis, and peppermint rock oxalis
- Hardy evergreen perennial
- Can be grown outdoors or indoors
- Commonly called the four leaf clover
- Shop All Holiday Plants: Poinsettia, Amaryllis, Norfolk Pine, Paperwhites, & Christmas Cactus.Click here to learn more.