From holiday gatherings to lively dinner parties, some of our most treasured memories happen in the kitchen or around the dining table. Bring comfort and style to these occasions with the right kitchen and dining room furniture.
Kitchen and Dining Room Furniture Styles
A dining table and chairs should be inviting and comfortable for simple meals and large gatherings alike. Look for dining room sets that offer easy adjustments in table length and comfortable chairs. Here are some trends to consider:
● Industrial Elegance. Metal dining room sets provide a slim look, perfect for small or minimalist spaces. Sets that feature reclaimed or distressed wood work well in homes with modern or industrial decor.
● Versatile Black. Black dining room sets are versatile. Pair them with stark gray and white decor for a contemporary look, or add rich colors for a warmer space.
● Rustic vs. Formal. Alder, birch and lighter oak finishes convey a more rustic vibe, while walnut, cherry or darker oak are ideal choices for more formal settings.
● Casual and Compact. For a casual look, choose a round table and chairs set in easy-to-clean wood or laminate. Kitchen tables with bench seating make stylish use of informal, smaller spaces.
● Eclectic. Mix and match your kitchen and dining room chairs for an eclectic look. Choose patterned dining chair sets with straight arms for the head and foot of the table. For the side chairs, go with solid-colored, armless versions.
Unique Pieces to Fit Your Space
Stylish kitchen chairs and bar stools with high backs and plush upholstered seating balance hard surfaces and create an inviting feel.
Complete your dining room with a wine rack and a sideboard or buffet for added storage and style. For special occasions, a folding table can help accommodate a large number of guests or act as a serving table.
Make your kitchen and dining room furniture multifunctional. Small dining room sets, nook tables and dinette tables can turn into a designated homework spot or a comfortable place for family game nights.