New Christmas ornaments add extra sparkle to your holiday decor, whether you’re trimming your very first Christmas tree or refreshing your existing collection of holiday decorations.
Christmas Decorating Trends
A Christmas tree is a blank canvas that you can turn into a work of art. Choose a theme to match your holiday personality.
• Modern. Choose ornament sets with one or two colors to create a uniform and polished look. Coupled with white lights, all-white Christmas ornaments make a statement. Or go metallic. Silver and gold balls are on trend and they reflect the lights for a striking effect.
• Boho. Go for a whimsical flair by featuring Santas of all sizes or a collection of nutcracker ornaments to keep watch of your branches. For a one-of-a-kind approach that shows some pizazz, try your hand at DIY Christmas decorations. Sprinkle your own creations on the tree to decorate on a budget.
• Country Christmas. For an old-school look, add handmade pieces like strings of popcorn and cranberries alongside vintage ornaments, like hand-painted pinecones or vibrant cardinals perched on a holly branch.
No matter which style you choose, keep that real-tree feeling all season long with scented ornaments that infuse your room with the fragrance of fir or spruce.
Decorate With Care
To make the most of your decorating efforts, follow these simple tips:
• Put the lights on first, followed by garland. Choose garland with berries or bows for added color and texture.
• Place heavy and intricate ornaments at varying heights, and don’t clump them together. Scatter simpler ones, like colorful Christmas balls, in the spaces between them to bring balance to the look.
• Finish your tree with a dazzling tree topper and a playful touch like tinsel or candy canes. Bows are another great way to adorn empty branches.
If your home is a holiday gathering place filled with lots of tykes or pets, choose materials that will last. Plastic, wooden and shatterproof ornaments can take lots of wear and tear. When the holiday is over, put away your treasures in a shatter-resistant, waterproof storage box and enjoy them for years to come!