• Advanced fabric-stain protection
• Easy to clean
• Repels water and stains
• Exclusive to The Home Depot
Add extra comfort to an outdoor bench or lounge chair with outdoor cushions and throw pillows. These plush accessories do double duty, adding style as well as comfort to your patio chairs, sofas and porch swings.
Outdoor Cushion Fabrics and Materials
Soften a wrought iron patio dining set with outdoor cushions. Or, use outdoor bench cushions to instantly create a comfy conversation spot. Outdoor-grade fabrics are designed to tolerate moisture and sunlight in addition to normal wear and tear.
Choose from these options:
• Woven acrylic cushions are durable, inexpensive and mold- and mildew-resistant. Plus, they dry quickly, making them perfect for your poolside chaise lounges.
• Polyester patio cushions are also long-lasting. They come in all colors and patterns and hold up well against the elements. However, they can be susceptible to fading.
• Olefin cushions are made from a synthetic fiber that resists stains, rips and UV rays. Olefin’s colors stay bright even after a summer’s worth of sun.
While all outdoor fabrics are made to withstand moisture, there are varying levels of protection. Look for fabric labeled “waterproof” for the ultimate shield against the elements.
To keep colors fresh and prevent mold growth, store your patio furniture cushions and lounge pillows when they’re not in use. Keep them in outdoor storage bins for easy access.
Choosing Colors and Patterns
Select colors and patterns for outdoor chair cushions that speak to your style. Striped outdoor cushions are a timeless option. Choose black and white for a modern vibe or shades of gray to set a formal tone. Greens and yellows can bring summery brightness to the space.
Blue outdoor cushions work well for patios and decks with a nautical theme. Not ready to fully commit to a color or pattern? Test out the look with a few outdoor throw pillows.
Outdoor cushions are also easily interchangeable, so you can switch up your style from season to season. Update basic rattan furniture with outdoor cushions in calming neutrals one year and tropical florals the next.
To ensure a perfect fit, be sure to measure your patio seating before you buy.