Under 2 hours
It sure would be nice to have cable TV in that spare bedroom you've converted into an office.
This guide highlights the steps for installing a coaxial TV cable, including splitting the entry cable and running new cable to the cable TV jack.
INSTALL SIGNAL SPLITTER FOR ENTRY CABLE
- Attach one end of the new coaxial cable to an outlet nipple on the splitter.
- Anchor the splitter to a framing member with drywall screws.
RUN COAXIAL CABLE TO THE LOCATION OF THE NEW TV JACK
- Use fish tape to snake the cable through a finished wall.
- Keep the new cable at least 6 inches away from electrical wiring to avoid signal interference.
- If you’re working with new construction, mark the floor so you can find the cable easily after the walls are finished.