How to Make a Christmas Swag Wreath
Time Required: Under 2 hours
Make a swag Christmas wreath for your space that’s easy and takes about an hour to create. This project is inexpensive because it uses tree branches and trimmings from your yard or local Garden Center.
Swags are wreath alternatives and come in a variety of shapes. They’re typically gathered from a central point and fan out at the bottom end.
- Attach the hanger to the foam block.
- Now attach two pipe cleaners end to end, wrap them around the back of the floral block and attach the coat hanger to the foam.
- The hanger will lay flat against the back of the block with the hook facing sideways for hanging.
- Repeat in several places so hanger is secure.
- Next, attach paper clips.
- Bend four paper clips into a U-shape and then stick them into the foam block to further secure the hanger to the block.
- Design your swag. Insert branches inside the foam block and begin making the design. Fill it out top to bottom.
- Continue adding layers until the block is covered. Fill any holes.
- When done, attach the ribbon and embellishments.
- Using floral scissors, cut several 6-inch pieces to secure pinecones, ornaments and ribbon to the swag Christmas wreath.
Shop our product selection for all the materials to make your own Christmas swag wreath this season. The Home Depot delivers online orders when and where you need them.