How to Put on a Duvet Cover
Time Required: Under 2 hours
You may be wondering what a duvet cover is, and how to use a duvet cover. A duvet cover is as simple as it sounds; it's a cover for your duvet that provides a layer or protection and decor. Using a duvet cover is advantageous because it has numerous benefits. But, how does a duvet cover work? Basically it's a protective layer for your duvet that can be removed and washed whenever needed. It can also instantly refresh your space. For example, a floral duvet cover would be perfect in spring.
What do you put in a duvet cover? These multifaceted covers can hold just about any duvet or comforter. Their only downside is putting them on. In this guide, we will show you two ways to put on a duvet cover. Whether you prefer the traditional or the California roll method, you'll be an expert at putting on duvet covers in no time.
Before new methods of putting on duvet covers existed, there was the dependable traditional way of putting one on. This method works, but takes a few additional steps but produces a smooth result. Read on to learn how to use the traditional method of putting on a duvet cover.
- As you turn it inside out, locate the two top corners of your duvet cover. Keep your hands inside the cover and at the two corners.
- With your hands still inside the duvet cover, reach for the top two corners of the duvet itself. Grab hold of the corners so the duvet's corners and the cover's corners align.
- When you've got a secure hold on the duvet with your duvet cover hands, flip the cover over the duvet. Shake it a bit so the duvet cover falls further over the comforter.
- After flipping the cover, begin pulling the rest of the duvet cover over the comforter. Keep pulling it down till it covers all of the duvet, and all the corners align.
If you think the traditional way of putting on a duvet is still too difficult, we have a new way of putting on a duvet cover that'll truly surprise you. Not only does this method work, it will seem almost like a magic trick. Read on to learn how to put on a duvet cover using the unique California Roll method.
- Make sure your comforter is nearby, but not on your bed. Next, turn your duvet cover inside out, with the opening of the cover facing away from you.
- Once inside out, lay your duvet cover on your bed and flatten it out, still making sure the opening is facing away from you.
If your duvet has ties located on the corners, this is when you tie together the comforter and cover. Now that your duvet cover is laying flat on your bed, take your comforter and lay it directly on top of the cover, making sure to flatten it out as well. Tie together the duvet cover and comforter.
- When the duvet is laying on the duvet cover, all corners aligned and sides matching as closely as possible, take the closed side facing you and start to roll both the cover and duvet together. Keep rolling till they're all rolled up. As you roll, make sure no sides fall out of place. Adjust as you see fit.
- When you've successfully rolled up the duvet and duvet cover together, reach for one of the ends of the roll. This end should contain a duvet cover opening. Stuff the edge of the duvet inside this cover opening.
- After you've stuffed part of the duvet into one part of the duvet cover's opening, continue doing this with the remainder of the cover. Working your way down the roll, keep stuffing the comforter into the duvet cover till you get to the end of the roll.
When the roll has been completely unfurled, give it a couple good shakes and you're finished! You now learned how to put on a duvet cover and know how to use a duvet cover. Your comforter will stay clean and last longer. Shop The Home Depot for bed sheets, comforters and home decor to freshen up your bedroom.