Gift Ideas for Dad
Celebrate Father's Day with a thoughtful gift for the dad in your life. While it can sometimes be difficult to come up with gift ideas for dad, focusing on his hobbies and interests can help. Whether he's a car fanatic, outdoor type or simply loves tech, this guide includes ideas and shopping inspiration to make the day special.
Gift Ideas for the DIY Dad
One of the best gift ideas for dad is to make a memory. Building something together to use around the house is a great way to spend time together and make something you can use.
If your dad prefers DIY projects over store-bought gadgets, the best gifts for handy dads are tools. Here are some gift ideas:
- Essential tools for a homeowner packed into a tool bag can be a great present for a new DIYer.
- For the expert DIY dad, new power tools to upgrade his well-worn workbench will come in handy for all those weekend projects on his to-do list.
- Along with a tool set, help dad build a simple birdhouse, playhouse or a cornhole beanbag toss game everyone can enjoy.
- Children can make a coupon book that dad can redeem for help around the house or with projects he enjoys.
- Pack a new, small-size tool bag full of his favorite snacks. The smaller bag will make it easier to carry essentials for a small project instead of toting around his full toolkit.
Gift Ideas for the Tech Dad
Smart-home devices make perfect gifts for the dad who likes the latest, greatest gadgets. Voice assistants, video doorbells and smart thermostats let him monitor the house from his recliner. Another idea is to purchase him a pair of noise canceling headphones so he can listen to music while doing chores around the house.
Gift Ideas for the Best Lawn Dad
Creating and maintaining a lawn that’s the envy of the neighborhood is this Dad’s favorite thing to do. He deserves only the best lawn tools and materials. Here’s a few lawn gifts that will certainly be on this Dad’s must-have Father’s Day tools gifts list:
- The right lawn mower can make yard care routine easier and more efficient. Choose from powerful riding mowers to person-powered push mowers for smaller lawns.
- Help dad put the finishing touches on the lawn with new outdoor power equipment such as a trimmer that can handle everything from cleaning up around shrubs to clearing walkways of overgrowth.
- Available in cordless, gas and electric models, a leaf blower makes clearing a lawn of grass clippings and fall leaves quicker and easier.
Gift Ideas for the Sports Dad
Help Dad celebrate his favorite sports teams with these great gift ideas for dad:
- Find gear with his favorite team’s logo to place in his workshop.
- If there’s no room for a dartboard, a set of coasters with his mascot is a usable gift that can promote his team spirit.
- There are plenty of great gift ideas for dads who tailgate. Lightweight folding tables and chairs provide a serving area and seating for any outdoor party.
- Heavy-duty chest coolers can keep ice for days, so they’re good for tailgates or even weekend camping trips.
- Portable pop-up tents and canopies give shelter from the sun or light rain for gatherings in a parking lot or the backyard.
Gift Ideas for the Automotive Dad
For the dad who spends a lot of time working on cars, consider automotive tool gifts for dad. Other car supplies will also come in handy.
- If your dad uses his truck for work, simple upgrades like a truck toolbox, towing cables and other accessories are ideal.
- If he just got a new car or treats his old car like a treasure, fill a bucket with things like car washing supplies, wiper blades and interior accessories.
- For dads who like to fix up cars as a hobby, replacement car parts are always needed.
If he has everything he needs when it comes to the car, why not upgrade his garage space?
- Garage storage solutions like shelving units can help him keep the things he needs out of the way but still accessible.
- An active father often means there is a lot of sports gear tucked away in various places. Multi-sport storage racks provide one place to keep golf clubs, fishing rods, balls and bike helmets together.
Gift Ideas for the Grillmaster Dad
Grilling gifts for dad can work out well for the whole family. Give him the gift that gives back all year: a new grill or smoker or professional grill accessories. Then, stand back as dad wows everyone with his favorite outdoor recipes.
- A new smoker will encourage a grill master to slow down their outdoor cooking. The menu offerings will expand, and a smoker offers a good excuse to sit in the backyard all afternoon. Include an instructional cookbook to help develop premium pit master skills.
- Grill accessories like a grill basket, reusable skewers or an instant-read meat thermometer might be welcome gifts. A kit that converts his grill into a pizza oven can breathe new life into family pizza night.
- The gift of an extra propane tank for the gas grill might seem unusual, but he will fully appreciate this meal-saver when the one attached to his grill runs out.
Gift Ideas for the Outdoor Dad
If dad calls himself an angler, there probably is an endless list of fishing gear he wants, and a few things that he might need, too.
- Give him a fishing net to boost the chances of him bringing his catch home instead of another tale of "the one that got away."
- If his favorite place to unwind is on the porch or deck, new patio furniture is the perfect gift for dad.
- Binoculars are a good gift for anyone who enjoys a closer view of nature. Package it with a new squirrel-proof bird feeder that he can watch from the window.
- For dads who enjoy building things, new tools are always on the list.
Gift Ideas for the Gardener Dad
If your dad has a green thumb, give him a gift for his garden. Whether it's a garden tool to use or a plant to grow, here are a few more gift ideas for dad:
- Give dad the gift of fresh tomatoes and everything he needs to grow his own.
- Dad may enjoy a fresh pair of gardening gloves and hand tools, such as a soil scoop and hand trowel.
- Give dad the gift of time this Father’s Day. He’ll love getting a hose timer, because once it’s set up, all watering chores will be handled.
- Keep things around the garden looking trim with a new lawn mower or lawn trimming tool.
- If dad keeps an eye on the weather, a new weather station can help him keep an eye on the prize and prepare his garden.
- If dad prefers keeping his garden inside the house, try a houseplant such as the low light sansevieria.
- Find just the things that grow best in dad's garden zone at the Garden Center.
Other Gift Ideas for Dad
Sometimes helping Dad relax, giving him the chance to learn a new hobby or the perfect gift card can be the ideal gift for dad on Father's Day.
- Refresh dad's favorite TV spot with a new recliner or go all out and help him create his own mancave.
- Arrange your favorite family or vacation photos into a collage frame for him to keep at his workplace.
- Budding astronomers can use a telescope to locate and track celestial objects, fun for dad and everyone.
- Beginner home beer brewing kits have everything needed to make a batch of beer. If he enjoys his new craft beer hobby, the equipment is reusable and additional recipe kits are available for different styles of beer.
- Gift cards allow Dad to choose exactly what he wants. With everything from tools to lawn gear and comfy furniture, The Home Depot gift card is at the top of most Father's Day wish lists.
Explore More on homedepot.com