Insulates water travel noise better than plastic fittings. Higher tolerance to fire than plastic fittings. Cast iron is not combustible and has less expansion and contraction than plastic pipe and fittings.
- Cast iron pipe and fittings are joined together with no-hub couplings consisting of neoprene gaskets and stainless steel shields and bands.
- Cast iron does not burn and does not emit toxic gasses when heated to temperatures normally encountered in structure fires.
- Requires simple, low-cost firestopping between the annular space between the pipe and wall penetration.
- Cast iron soil pipe and fittings effectively suppresses the sound of swooshing water cascading down from upstairs fixtures. Ideal for condominiums, hotels, healthcare facilities and educational institutions.
- Environmentally friendlier than plastic as it is made from 100% post-consumer scrap iron.
- Highly resistant to abrasion and the ideal choice for anyone wanting to drain materials such as sand, waste and sewage.