This Non-Blooming Phalaenopsis Orchid will be a delight for any orchid enthusiast. The customer will receive a mature plant with luscious green leaves in a 5 in. plastic growers pot. The plant will not be in bloom. With the proper treatment, the orchid will bloom yearly. The bloom color and hybrid variety is not specified but hues are all stunning. Possible colors are White, Gold, Yellow, Fuchsia, Pink, Purple, Orange, spotted, striped or solid. Burlap for tree attachment included.
- Phalaenopsis, like most orchids are epiphyte plants that grows on trees of the forest with its air roots harmlessly attached to the tree, the air roots feed on rain and morning dew
- You live in a year-round warm climate, the orchid can be hung on a palm tree or light canopy tree, the plant will attach itself to the tree and you can then let nature take its course, the orchid will be very low maintenance after it has attached itself to the tree
- Important to hang the orchid under a light canopy to allow plenty of sunlight to filter through, do not give direct sunlight, the plants must have shade throughout the entire day
- You live in a place where the weather changes to temperatures below 50°F do not allow the plant to attach to the tree, simply hang it on a hook in a covered porch or on a tree canopy, you will need to bring the plant inside to prevent cold exposure
- Orchid can be grown indoors by placing it near a brightly lit window
- Weekly watering will be required, it is best to drench once a week, be sure to allow water to drain out completely, avoid standing water, select a day of the week and always water on that same day to prevent over watering
- Phalaenopsis blooms are spectacular, once your plant has bloomed, you will enjoy the flowers for 4-weeks to 12-weeks