The Siemens generator ready load center can save thousands of dollars in future generator installation expenses while keeping initial expenses to a minimum. allowing for a combination of a load center, transfer switch and critical circuit sub panel into one neat enclosure. This version (model G3042B1200GEN) has a maximum amperage rating of 200 Amp and it also comes in a 225 Amp version. The load center has two interiors, both powered by utility power under normal operating conditions. When utility power is lost, a transfer mechanism switches so that only one interior, which contains the critical circuits, is backed up by a generator. This allows for the use of a smaller, more cost-effective generator and to prevent that generator from being overloaded. The lower standby protected section has 18 (1 in.) spaces for 30 circuits, while the upper utility-only section has 10 (1 in.) spaces for 10-circuits. An additional two spaces and two circuits are reserved for generator installation. It features a NEMA 1 enclosure for indoor use and it's designed to accept the Siemens Automatic Transfer Switch (GENTFRSWTCH).
- Flush or surface mounting
- Main breaker convertible to main lug with use of lug kit part no. ECMLK225
- Installation of transfer mechanism can be performed at time of generator installation
- Generator ready load center has a total of 30 spaces/42 circuits and all 30 spaces/42 circuits are powered by utility power and 18 spaces/30 circuits are backed up by the generator
- Learn More About Electrical Panels Here in our Buying Guide.