Get the most out of your clothes by having the right household appliances on hand. Avoid costly trips to the dry cleaner, repair a torn shirt, embroider a collar or quickly steam the wrinkles out of your favorite suit.
Household Appliances for Wrinkle-Free Clothes
Keep clothes pressed and steam-cleaned with these professional-quality tools:
● Clothes Steamer. Have the power of a dry cleaner in the comfort of your own home with a clothes steamer. A steamer works best for fabrics like silk and polyester, which can be easily and safely smoothed and sanitized.
● Steam Iron. Handheld steam irons reduce wrinkles and glide smoothly over the surface of your clothes. Look for irons with adjustable heat controls and automatic shutoff.
● Steam Press. A steam press can speed up the ironing process. Using a large surface area, it smooths clothes in one pass and delivers professional results, like perfectly creased trousers.
Tools for Personalizing/Repairing Clothes
Skip the trip to the tailor with these appliances:
● Embroidery Machine. Personalize your clothing, blankets, towels and quilts with a cloth embroidery machine. You can preprogram your designs and even embroider your items automatically with the touch of a button.
● Sewing Machines. Hem a pair of pants, add buttonholes to an outfit, or take in the seams of a dress.
● Computerized Sewing Machines. Take advantage of a computerized sewing machine—simply click a button to get the exact stitch you’re looking for. Many offer automatic threading and embroidery designs.
You can tuck most small appliances into a linen closet. If space is an issue, select foldable models that don’t take up much room. Keep larger sewing machines out and ready to use on a designated sewing table.