Choosing an effective color palette can help define your business or commercial property in the public eye. Commercial buildings, multifamily dwellings, healthcare facilities, restaurants and hospitality properties all serve different functions that can be enhanced with the right color palette.
This guide reviews several trending color palettes from BEHR that can make a business look more modern and attractive to customers, clients or residents.
Making the Right Color Selection
Consider the following steps when selecting the best paint colors for your business.
- Create a color palette. Businesses create color palettes by grouping multiple color that complement each other. Three colors are required for a color aesthetic: a main color, a trim color and an accent color. Use brighter colors for accents and opt for neutral colors in your main spaces.
- Combine interior and exterior colors. Use complementary colors indoors and out to give your building a cohesive aesthetic. For example, hospitality and multifamily properties can repurpose the main exterior colors for common spaces like cafeterias or gyms.
- Matte finishes are best suited to low-traffic areas such as guest rooms or residential units. They work well with uneven walls because they mask imperfections like holes or patches.
- Satin finishes are recommended for high-traffic areas like lobbies, offices or common areas. They are stain-resistant and provide more durability. The extra gloss, however, can accentuate wall imperfections.
- Look on the bright side. Clean, bright building exteriors can effectively boost curb appeal. Modern colors are especially effective at appealing to younger demographics.
Pro Tip: Light, cool colors can make common rooms look larger. Use warm colors to make patient rooms, residential units or guest rooms feel safe and cozy.
Atmospheric Paint Colors
The BEHR Atmospheric color palette combines modern and traditional influences in pastels and neutrals. For example, the juxtaposition of Dusty Lilac against the darker gray can create a dynamic color scheme. The Atmospheric palette is modern and soothing, fit for multifamily communities and commercial buildings.
Restore Paint Colors
The BEHR Restore color palette includes greens and blues that are purposefully reminiscent of the outdoors. This soft, cool palette is calming and can create serene spaces. The Restore palette puts people at ease and is suitable for single-family, hospitality and healthcare properties.
Worldhood Paint Colors
The BEHR Worldhood color palette combines rich hues and depth. The array of warm tones create cozy, inviting spaces. Businesses and restaurants can use the Worldhood palette to impress their guests and encourage staff productivity.
More Tools. More Products. More Perks.
Be more competitive and boost your bottom line with Pro Xtra, The Home Depot’s loyalty program built for Pros. Sign up today to access the enhanced Pro Online Experience, built with the online business tools and time-saving features Pros need.
Save up to 20% on paints, stains and primers with Pro Xtra Paint Rewards. Pro Xtra members get free delivery on orders of 24 gallons or more, member savings in stores and online, as well as paint reps available to support business needs.