Bidets can be used either after or instead of toilet paper for everyday use. Bidets can be beneficial to those with certain medical conditions or even those recovering from childbirth. Since they allow a homeowner to cut back on paper and water usage, the best bidets are also seen as an eco-friendly addition to a bathroom. Use this guide to understand the different types of bidets and features, so that you can pick the best bidet to meet your needs.
Types of Bidets
Every type of bidet is available with different features, but the electronic varieties of attachable bidet seats offer some of the best bidet attachments.
Electric vs. manual:
- Manual bidets are operated using knobs, levers or handles. If they offer heated water, it is pulled from an outside water supply.
- Electric seat models can offer heated water, heated seats and different water flow patterns.
- Electric bidets usually have a higher price point than their manual counterparts.
- Nozzle positioning within the bidet indicates its intended purpose.
- Stationary one-nozzle bidets typically wash only the posterior.
- Two-nozzle bidets wash the anterior and posterior.
- Movable one-nozzle bidets can be angled to wash both the posterior and anterior.
- Electric bidets offer washing modes that allow you to pick from different water flow patterns such as pulse, enema, oscillating and more.
- Oscillating spray covers a wider area and provides soothing comfort.
- Pulse spray also covers a wider area, but has a stronger, more direct pulsating spray.
- Enema spray provides a massage-like circular spray.
- Available in many bidet toilets and some bidet seats. It can be an added feature on bidet attachment sprayers.
- Water can be heated by attaching the bidet to a hot water line (like the bathroom sink). Or your bidet can have a small water heater tank attached that provides instant warm water.
- Electronic seat bidets offer controls that are either attached to the side of the seat or on a separate remote.
- Available as wired or wireless.
- Can be operated using only one hand.
- Can control water and seat temperature, water flow patterns, deodorizer, air dry and more.
- Quickly air dries the user.
- Available as heated air dry on some models.
Often bought for hygenic reasons, bidets can also help you cut back on paper usage and save on your water bill. You can install a new bidet or buy a bidet seat. The best bidet attachments, such as a personal sprayer, allow you to transform your current toilet rather quickly. Whatever you choose, a bidet can be a useful addition to any bathroom. Ready to get all the benefits of a bidet in your home? We can help. Find out about our professional bathroom installation services.