Ideas & Inspiration
Backyard Ideas on a Budget
Landscaping your backyard doesn’t have to cost you thousands of dollars. With a few simple and affordable changes, you can create the backyard you’ve always wanted without spending a fortune on materials and installation costs. Learn how to beautifully makeover your backyard on a shoestring budget with this DIY guide.
- If you’re looking for small patio ideas on a budget, consider building your own deck with the help of our project guide.
- Decks provide a wonderful place to lounge outdoors and enjoy your backyard, and making your own is an easy task for beginners to tackle.
- Once you build the deck, you can focus on the decor theme.
- Update the foundation of your patio with an outdoor rug.
- These are made of fade-resistant fabrics, and versatile designs mean you can easily find the look that’s right for your backyard.
- Rugs provide cushioning to anyone walking on your deck with the added benefit of covering unsightly cracks and stains.
- Backyard fire pits are often considered a luxury, but many styles are available at lower price points.
- Made from durable materials like steel and aluminum, fire pits are round or square and come in various sizes.
- Adding a small fire pit to your backyard can create a cozy place to gather on cooler nights. See our guide on how to build a fire pit for a complete set of DIY instructions.