Talk about red AND ruffled. This new crape myrtle has distinctly different, carnation-like, glowing red flowers that show beautifully against the lustrous dark green foliage. Foliage turns orange-red in fall. The habit is upright, but compact, with dense branching. Like the others in the Magic series, Ruffled Red re-blooms in late summer if the first flush of flowers is deadheaded. It is also resistant to Cercospora leaf spot and powdery mildew, which is quite a breeding accomplishment in red crapes. At maturity it can reach a height of 12 ft. and a width of 8 ft. USDA ZONES: Zone 7, Zone 8, Zone 9.
- Red, carnation-like blooms
- Upright, compact form
- Disease resistant
- Maturity height of 12 ft. and spread of 8 ft.
- Tree ships in a 3 Gal. container with minimum height of 18 in.
- How to Plant a Crape Myrtle.Click here to learn more.
- Shop all medium planter pots here.Click here to learn more.