Simpson Strong-Tie hurricane ties are designed to resist high winds and seismic forces by positively connecting trusses/rafters to the top of wall of the structure. The H1 is designed for nominal 2x lumber. This U-shaped hurricane tie provides faster installation than using two single-sided ties. The embossments add stiffness in crucial areas for improved performance.
- Holds the rafter or truss on both sides for high lateral load resistance
- Used for a variety of connections where one member crosses another
- Can be installed on inside or outside of wall, or both sides
- Can be installed with flanges facing either inward or outward
- Made from 18-gauge steel
- Galvanized (G90) for extra corrosion resistance
- Install with (6) 0.131 in. x 1-1/2 in. nails to rafters/truss and (4) 0.131 x 2-1/2 in. nails to plates, OR (6) #9 x 1-1/2 in. Strong-Drive SD screws to rafters/truss and (4) #9 x 1-1/2 in. SD screws to plates
- Shop all Simpson Strong-Tie here.