Over 1 day
Why not get into the holiday spirit with y our very own DIY activity? This guide will show you how to spruce up any tabletop with a Christmas centerpiece using a wreath, candles and some holiday decor.
Flock the Wreath
- Lay the wreath flat and spray the flocking spray straight down onto the wreath. This will create a realistic look of snow with the heaviest coating on the top portions of the wreath.
- You can layer the flocking spray to create a look of thicker snow.
- Once you finish with the spray, set the wreath aside to dry for at least four to six hours so the spray can harden.
Assemble the Centerpiece
- After your flocking spray has dried, the next step is to begin to assemble the centerpiece.
- Group a few of your LED votives in the center of your flat circular tray or cardboard.
- Place your wreath over the candles so the edge of your tray is completely hidden.
Tip: It’s best to use an odd number of three or five candles for the best look.
- Use ribbon and small ornaments to add color to the centerpiece.
- Try to spread an even amount around the entire centerpiece. You don’t need much, just enough to add some extra color.
Add More Light
- Add in the rest of your LED votives, mixing short and tall votives together.
- Using LEDs with a soft yellow light gives a nice, warm look, but any LED candles will do the trick.
Safety: We recommend using only LED candles, as traditional candles can be a fire hazard in the middle of the centerpiece.
Make it Snow
- Lastly, add some more snow and sprinkle the instant snow around the centerpiece.
- Try to fill up any empty spots as you give it that finished snowy look.
The Home Depot is your DIY headquarters. Looking for a product to complete your project? We have options to deliver online orders when and where you need them.