How to Make a Christmas Craft Board
Time Required: 2-4 hours
To make two of our Christmas projects – the Christmas Advent Calendar or Star Card Holder – you must start with this DIY craft board, which will provide enough material for both projects. This guide will show you how to get started.
- Measure both boards to three 20-inch-long pieces and one 30-inch piece each.
- Use the circular saw to cut along the guides.
Tip: Measure and cut each piece one at a time as the circular saw takes about 1/8 inch off the wood. Your measurements will be slightly off if each cut is not done separately.
- Paint your lumber any color to match your holiday theme, or stain it for a rich look.
- The six 20-inch boards are the body of the two boards and the two 30-inch boards are the backing.
- Lay the six 20-inch boards on a flat surface horizontally with the back, unpainted side facing up. The boards should be straight and lined up.
- Measure and mark the guides for the back braces.
- Measure 3 inches over from the left side of the bottom board and make a mark. Then, measure 1 ½ inches from the bottom of the bottom board and make a mark.
- Do the same thing on the opposite side.