Under 2 hours
Advent calendars are a decorative and fun way to add excitement and anticipation to the Christmas season. Make one using a craft board you’ve already prepared, a few decorative ornaments and paper tags.
Measure Your Boards
- Lay the board flat, and lay the yardstick across the board.
- Make marks at 4, 8, 12 and 16 inches with the pencil.
- Continue to do this across each board.
- Nail one nail in each of the spots you have measured and marked.
- You should end up with 24 nails in total.
- Use the paper key tags to add dates to the calendar.
- Write out the numbers 1 through 24 on the tags.
- Attach the tags to the ornaments to coordinate with each day of Advent.
Hang the Ornaments
Attach the ornaments using ribbon in sequential order on your calendar and it is ready to be hung.
The Home Depot is your DIY headquarters. Looking for a product to complete your project? We have options to deliver online orders when and where you need them.