Ideas & Inspiration
Bathroom Ideas on a Budget
The cost of a complete bathroom remodel can quickly add up. Fortunately, there are several small bathroom ideas on a budget that will give your bathroom a makeover without breaking the bank. These bathroom ideas on a budget are perfect for updating your space affordably. For bathrooms with windows, think about adding a new set of shades, or put a small indoor plant on the sill.
SHOP BATH NOW
The video above shows three quick and easy updates for bathrooms of all sizes. Keep reading to discover how to update a bathroom on a budget.
- The small details say big things about your bathroom style. Changing your knobs and pulls to brushed nickel or bronze can create a new decorative touch, and is one of many bathroom decorating ideas on a budget.
- Consider matching the new metal bath hardware to your faucet, lighting fixtures and door hardware.
- Also coordinate your towel bars, hooks, medicine cabinet hardware and toilet paper holders in the same finish.
- Lastly, give an added safety boost to your tub and shower with decorative grab bars.
- Updating your bath faucet with a new low-flow model is a relatively inexpensive way to cut water consumption while adding a refreshed look to your sink area. And since it’s one of the most commonly used items, a new faucet is a great way to display your personal style.
- Shower heads and hand showers add a nice touch to your overall bathroom design while making your showering experience more enjoyable. Replacing a showerhead can be a quick and inexpensive project. Not to mention, replacing a shower door itself can change a shower's whole look.
- Hand showers can be used as a fixed shower or hand-held for maximum versatility. Drill-less models provide easy installation.
- Bathroom mirrors come in varying sizes and designs. Simply switch out your existing bath mirror for a new one and your bathroom will look noticeably different.
- Shower curtains are one of the most apparent items in any bathroom, as it's usually one of the larger textiles. Shower curtains come in different textures and makes, as well as being affordable. Pick a shower curtain that you think represents the style you desire.
- New light fixtures add a touch of illuminating ambiance to your bathroom. Consider updating the existing fixtures or adding a few decorative sconces to complement your faucets and hardware.
- Select new fixtures with LED lights to save energy and lower your utility bills.
- Color is the key to any room’s personality. For a look that takes center stage, select a color that matches your vanity, faucet and hardware.
- Also, add a fresh coat of paint to the moulding to brighten up your trim and door entrance. You can also paint tile or choose a new tile altogether to update your space.
- Make sure to select a paint that can stand up to moist conditions.
- Bath rugs are a simple yet affordable update that can be accomplished in most any bathroom. Find a bath mat you like, or that fits your aesthetic, and before long, your bathroom will basically look new.
- Have an assortment of bath towels that suit every bathroom in your home. And what better way to display the variety of towels than with bathroom storage. Use leaning storage (as shown in the photo), or invest in some drawers to hide away extra towels and more.
Bath fans play an important role in removing excess moisture and odors from the bathroom. Newer models are fashionable as well as functional, offering quieter operation and an assortment of decorative features to complement any bath lighting system.
- Replacing old, outdated bathroom vanities can transform your bathroom into an entirely different space. With styles ranging from eclectic to traditional, a new vanity can greatly enhance the storage, functionality and look of any bathroom. Updating the style of your vanity is yet another bathroom decorating idea on a budget.
- Many bath vanities include coordinating vanity tops and matching mirrors.
- Whether you go with laminate, granite or something in between, a new vanity top can add dramatic new texture, style and color to your bathroom.
- Add a coordinating sink or select a vanity top that has a built-in bowl. The variety of styles, materials and finishes make replacing a vanity top the ideal project for any budget. Be sure to update the faucet as you update the vanity top.
- Swapping your toilet seat is a simple way to refresh your most basic bathroom component.
- Soft-close options add a gentle touch and prevent slamming or shifting.
- These are easy to install and are available in high-shine finishes for a luxuriously sleek accent.
- Most people think of toilets as purely functional, but today’s models offer a level of performance, efficiency and style that was not available a decade ago. Choosing an economical, high-efficiency or ultra-low-flow toilet offers substantial water savings without sacrificing performance or aesthetics.
- A chair height toilet provides added comfort and easy accessibility.
If you're looking for bathroom ideas on a budget, The Home Depot delivers online orders when and where you need them. Discovering new bathroom decorating ideas on a budget is easy when you have the accessibility and availability to get products online. Don't worry if you don't own all of the tools needed to upgrade your bathroom. The Home Depot offers tool and truck rental for any project.