The Thanksgiving Cactus, sometimes called Christmas cactus, features bursts of colorful blooms, like jewels at the end of its stems, when the days get short. It grows best near a sunny window. Provide the plant with as much light as possible for the best blooms. Water when the top couple inches of the soil are dry and be sure all excess water drains away. If the container does not have holes, use approximately one-half cup of water, adjust as needed for your environment. Do not let the Thanksgiving Cactus sit in water or overly soggy soil. The height at shipping is approximately 6 in. tall, measured from the bottom of the pot to the top of the plant. The Thanksgiving Cactus ships in a festive, 4 in. diameter holiday wrap. The Thanksgiving Cactus is a slow to moderate grower depending on its environment and is hardy in USDA Zone 11. Give it a boost during the warm months of Spring and Summer with a general-purpose fertilizer that is formulated for house plants. When the plant out grows the current container, it is time to repot. To repot the Thanksgiving Cactus, gently remove it from its current container and place it into a slightly larger container. Plants are living things; each one is slightly different, so the plant you receive may vary from the photo. Costa Farms plants are not intended for human or animal consumption. Keep out of reach of children and pets. We are unable to ship this item to: AK, AZ, CA, GU, HI. Send us your feedback at questions@costafarms.
- Color bloom is grower's choice and hand selected at time of shipping. Ships in bud form, 2-Pack, Cactus could bloom in bright red, vibrant pink or white.
- Grow Thanksgiving Cactus in bright light for the best blooms, water when the top inch or two of the soil dry out
- When not in bloom the rest of the year, Thanksgiving Cactus shows off green jagged foliage.
- Height at shipping is approximately 6-Inches tall, measured from the bottom of the pot to the top of the plant
- Each plant ships in a festive, 4 in. diameter holiday wrap. To avoid water spillage, this wrap does not have holes