The Plumber's Choice Copper Pex Pipe Support Clamps work great to silence the ticking, clicking, snapping and chattering that can sometimes happen with running copper heating and hot water pipes through joists and studs. Copper hot water lines are always moving, expanding and contracting. These are better than any other type of insulators, because these are very slim and fit perfectly into the typical bare bore for the pipe size. Slip them on the pipe, push them into the joist bore, tack them in with a screw or two, and the expansion and contraction of the line is instantly silenced. The pipe is now sliding on plastic rails and not chattering across raw wood. Use them across the entire thru-joist run, or at the ends where the run turns and hanging weights are often heavier (and are the most prone to expansion chatter), and you will have a dead quiet pipe run.
- PEX metal stud insulator: cushions copper, PEX, PVC, PB tubing running through studs, beams, framing, etc.
- #1 copper pipe insulator cap: this will cushion your copper pipes securely, and reduce banging, clapping, chattering, clicking, and ticking from your old copper pipelines its flexible ribbed plastic design allows for movement, heating and cooling, and expansion and contraction
- Versatile: great cushion for piping, cable, marine, construction, etc.; fits 1/2 in. O.D. pipes
- Highly durable polyethylene design for reliable, long-lasting performance
- PEX revolution: PEX is the preferred choice for water supply and hydronic heating applications, featuring decreased cost, quicker installation, flexibility, durability, freeze resistance and corrosion resistance
- Suitable for commercial and residential applications