The Best Shower Curtain for Your Bathroom
Shower curtains are a staple design piece that plays a big role in the look and feel of your bathroom. The Home Depot makes shopping for a new shower curtain fun and simple. Consider your existing bathroom hardware, faucets and fixtures, as well as other items like towels and bath mats to create a cohesive look.
This guide will explain more about shower curtains styles so you can choose the right one for any bathroom in your home.
Finding the right shower curtain style for your bathroom can instantly improve the look of your space. However, it’s also important to consider things like the materials and size.
Fabric shower curtains are generally higher quality than non-fabric options. If you choose a fabric shower curtain made from a material like satin or silk, you’ll need a shower liner to prevent mold and mildew. A durable liner will also help keep your floors dry.
Other options for your shower curtain include:
- Polyester. Providing a heavy, almost canvas-like look, polyester shower curtains are ultra-durable. They come in a variety of solid, colorful and printed styles.
- Water-repellent shower curtains. Designed to be used with or without a liner, these shower curtains are often machine washable. Add baking soda to get mildew and other stains out.
- PEVA plastic shower curtains. Durable and easy to care for, PEVA shower curtains can be used without a liner. They’re also cost-effective and easy to install.
Shower curtains come in a range of sizes. Measure your shower area to make sure you get the right size curtain.
Typical sizes include stall, standard, long and extra-long.
Modern is in. Go with geometric and abstract printed shower curtains that can bring art into the bathroom without having to hang on the wall.
For a softer touch, choose a shower curtain with a floral pattern or botanical look. Greenery and garden colors can complement or enhance your existing wall paint and vanity finish.
Flower prints and particular art-themed shower curtains are also an excellent option for kids and teens.
Tip: If you are not using a plastic shower curtain, be sure to use a shower curtain liner to help keep water in the bathtub and away from the bathroom floor as you shower and wash. Align shower curtain liners with the shower curtain when hanging.
If you’re looking to add depth to your bathroom, textured shower curtains with waffle patterns, woven stripes, diamond patterns and more can help.
These are available in multiple fabrics or an assortment of bright and dramatic, dark styles.
Our collection of beach shower curtains emphasizes water and allows you to have a bit more fun with your bathtub decor. Opt for shower curtains with bright colors or an interesting print that can transcend the feel of your bathroom.
Shower curtains are made up of entirely interchangeable parts. Installing a new shower curtain is simple, but also make sure to switch out the shower rod and rings for a thorough refresh.
Here are a few tips for choosing the right bathroom hardware:
- Take a shower curtain ring with you when shopping for a new curtain. That way you can quickly check to make sure your new curtain will work with your existing hardware if you want to reuse it.
- Look for new hardware that complements your existing bathroom finishes. This will create a more harmonious and cohesive look throughout the entire space.
- Have fun when choosing your hardware. Colorful rings don’t have be an exact match for your space, but they can play off something else in the room like a set of towels or piece of art.