How to Create a Personalized Lazy Susan Tray
Time Required: Over 1 day
Presented by Ashleigh Lauren of ashleighurn
Learn how to create a personalized Lazy Susan to use as a decor piece, a serving tray or a gift for a loved one. This guide will show you how to make this custom piece by following step-by-step instructions, using a wood round or pine round board, as well as a few tools.
- Once you've gathered your tools and materials, it's time to get started.
- Begin by choosing your image. Select the image, design or words to add to the wood round.
Tip: If you prefer to hand-letter or doodle, skip this step and draw right on the wood.
Now, it's time to burn the design into the wood. This design used a calligraphy tip to trace the words, a dotted tip to trace the lines and a stencil cutting tip to trace over the flowers and leaves.
Tip: When operating any type of soldering iron or power equipment, be sure to wear the proper safety equipment.
- It's time to add the turntable to the bottom for your Lazy Susan.
- Turn over the wood round and place the turntable in the center of the board. You can measure both sides with a ruler to ensure it's perfectly centered.
- Use your pencil to mark where drill holes will go.
- Now, using your drill and wood screws, attach turntable to wood round.
Creating a one-of-a-kind item is a great way to enjoy the holiday. Ready to start your DIY project? We have options to deliver your online order when and where you need them.