Help other customers make informed purchase decisions by submitting feedback about your purchases on homedepot.com. What did you like about the products? What didn’t you like? Reviewing products is easy and takes only a few minutes.
3 ways to get to a review submission form:
- On the product page- Click the “Write a Review” link at the top of any product page or the orange “Write a Review” button in the Customer Reviews section near the bottom of the same page.
- My Account- Sign into your My Account profile, then click CONTRIBUTE & SHARE > Write a Review on the left side of the page. This page will show purchases that have not yet been reviewed. Select “Write a Review” for the item you want to review. NOTE: Orders you place via guest checkout will never appear here since they are not associated with your account.
- Respond to Email- Respond to the post-purchase email we will send you 3-4 weeks after delivery of your purchase asking for feedback.
Once you have chosen your review method, simply do the following:
- Rate the product from 1 to 5 stars (1 Star = Poor and 5 Stars = Excellent)
- Provide a review title, your feedback in the review summary box, your nickname and email address
- Preview and submit your review
NOTE: You can see all your reviews once they have been moderated and pushed to the site on the product page as well as by signing into your My Account profile and clicking on CONTRIBUTE & SHARE > My Ratings & Reviews on the left side of the page.
How to write a great review:
- Be specific- focus on the product features and your experience. Tell others what you liked or didn’t like about the product, give examples. Please provide at least 50 characters (1-2 sentences) to provide enough information to help future customers learn from your experience.
- Be honest- we want to know how you really feel about the products. We welcome open and honest feedback. We will not edit your feedback or reject reviews because they are negative. Our customers will benefit from your experiences, good or bad. No profanity or derogatory comments please.
- Include an image or video. A photo is worth a thousand words. Images must be 400x400 and less than 5mb. Videos should be less than 5 minutes. You can submit 6 images and 1 video per review submission. By submitting media, you will be automatically entered to win a $1,000 Home Depot gift card. Winners are drawn monthly. Click here for the Terms and Conditions.
Because this is a public site, we moderate all reviews before posting them. Reviews containing any of the following types of content may be rejected or removed:
- Reviews that are not about the product. Feedback about customer service or shipping issues is not a product review and should instead be handled by our Customer Service Team. Please visit contact us, or call 1-800-466-3337 for assistance.
- Please contact us directly at 1-800-466-3337 if you have safety concerns about a product you are reviewing. We flag reviews with these concerns and share them with our Product Safety Team to investigate and react accordingly.
- Reviews that contain offensive or inappropriate content: Profanity, obscenities, discriminatory language or other language not suitable for public forums.
- Advertisements, "spam" content or references to other products, offers or websites.
- E-mail addresses, URLs that take customers off homedepot.com, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information.
- Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their author.
- Promotional reviews- we do not permit vendors to submit reviews about their products (or negative reviews about their competitor’s products) in order to maintain the integrity of our product reviews content.
- Fake Reviews- We do not permit reviews posted by people that have been compensated (financial or otherwise) for their feedback. The only exception to this is a review that is submitted by our Seeds members who have been given free product in exchange for their open and honest feedback about the item. These reviews are labeled as “Seeds Program Review”. Please read more information about our Seeds Program here.
What to do if you find a review that is inappropriate?
We want your help. Please let us know if you find a review that is not appropriate. Please flag the review on the product page by clicking on the flag under “Was this helpful”. Please describe why you think the content is inappropriate and we will investigate your claim and take action accordingly.