Under 2 hours
Your favorite small plants deserve the best display arrangement in your home. Whether you’re propping them on a shelf or hanging them on a wall, show them off in a way that complements your style. Keep reading for instructions on how to make a wooden wall planter for a sleek and modern decor accent.
Measure and Mark the Plywood
Measure and mark four 12- x 12-inch sections on the plywood according to the cut diagram below.
Next, cut squares as demonstrated in the photo.
Cut Four Sections
Use a circular saw to follow the marks you just made, cutting the plywood board into four equal sections.
Tip: Use a sanding block to smooth any rough edges.
Stain or Paint Boards
If desired, stain or paint the boards prior to assembly.
Attach Hanging Hardware
- Turn each square on its end (like a diamond).
- Nail a sawtooth hanger across the top of each, about 3 inches down.
Attach Hose Clamps
- Set the hose clamp just below center on front side.
- Using a 1/8-inch drill bit, pre-drill through the center of the hose clamp
- Secure it to the plywood with a ½-inch wood screw. Make sure the adjustment screw is out of the way.
- Repeat this process on all four boards.
- Hang the frame on your wall (using monkey hooks if necessary).
- Place the pot in the hose clamp and fill with your favorite plants.