DTT tension ties are safe, cost-effective connectors designed to meet or exceed code requirements for deck construction. These versatile DTT connectors are also load rated as a holdown for light-duty shearwalls and braced wall panel applications. The DTT1Z deck tension tie provides a less invasive approach for attaching a new deck to a home or retrofitting an existing deck to current code standards.
- Eliminates the need to access the floor joists inside the house
- Ties the guardrail post into deck framing
- Stronger and safer than nails, lag screws or bolts
- Ties the deck into the house for a stronger, safer ledger connection
- Helps prevent a common type of deck failure
- Made from 14-Gauge steel
- ZMAX galvanization offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications
- Install with Strong-Drive SD Connector screws or nails and accepts a 3/8 in. machine bolt, anchor bolt, or lag screw (washer required) or can be installed with the new Strong-Drive SDWH Timber-Hex HDG screw with an integral washer
- Shop all Simpson Strong-Tie here.